Thursday, November 26, 2009

No Jim, No

Back around 1968 my next door neighbor Jim Sweeney and I went to summer school together. During the regular school year he went to Catholic School. Any ways, Jim was a real snotty kid. Not a brat, but literally a dude that always had a runny nose and a guy that could hawk the meanest, greenest biggest loogeys you can imagine. He was my friend, but I thought him to be sorta dirty and gross. At the time I didn't know how to hawk a loogey, so between classes Jim tried to show me by bringing the biggest loogeys from the deep recesses of his lungs and then launch them across the school yard. When I tried, all I could get was little bit of spit to leave my mouth. On my last attempt before the bell rang, a liitle bit of my spit got on to Jim's arm. Jim instinctively went in to battle stations and began to snort, pulling every thing he had from the deepest corners of his putrid soul. As if in a movie, in slow motion I yelled "no Jim no...," my body paralyzed. It refused to move, as a giant green glob of goo launched from Jim's mouth. Time suspended as its trajectory headed straight toward me. I opened my mouth to beg once more, "no Jim....no..," And then the ooey gooey glob entered my mouth. Filling it completey, like some vile stew from hell. Time sped up as I immediately started power puking all over the ground. I ran to the boy's room to purge myself. Jim followed close behind, grinning like a gunslinger proud of his kill. I heaved till I could heave no more. Sweat pouring out of me from head to toe. I didn't say a word as I left, some how feeling violated and ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment